EAST ANGLIA'S EXPERIENCED, EFFICIENT AND COMPETITIVELY PRICED FIRE SAFETY SERVICE
FIRE SAFETY LEGISLATION
As professionals in fire safety our aim is to ensure that your business and premises comply with the current UK fire safety legislation.
On October 1st 2006, the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 became the latest change in fire safety legislation.
Failure to comply with this legislation can mean that your insurance providers may refuse to pay an insurance claim in full.
Fire Risk Assessments -
a result of the Regulatory Reform Order 2005, all non-domestic
premises require a current and valid fire risk assessment with the exception
- Off shore installations.
- A ship.
- Fields, woods and other lands forming an agricultural or forestry undertaking.
- An aircraft, locomotive or rolling stock or a vehicle for which a licence is in force.
- A mine within the meaning of the Mines and Quarries Act 1954.
- A borehole site.
Fire Extinguishers -
All non-domestic premises must have an annual service for their fire extinguishers to obtain a valid certificate of use. If a valid and current certificate is not provided in the aftermath of a fire, insurance companies may refuse to pay an insurance clain in full. Fire extinguishers must be replaced to ensure that they can be certificated. Please use the following guidelines:
- Water Replace after 20 years / Discharge test and refill every 5 years
- Dry Powder Replace after 20 years / Discharge test and refill every 5 years
- Foam Replace after 20 years / Discharge test and refill every 5 years
- C0² Replace after 10 years
Unlike many fire safety companies WEDO NOT charge for refills or discharge tests. If you are not already using Tas Valley Fire then make sure you are not being charged for this service.
FromJanuary 1st 2008, all black (C0²) extinguishers will be over 10 years old and will therefore need replacing.
It is illegal to purchase a halon fire extinguisher (green in colour) for business use because of the CFC gases contained inside.
We have found that many businesses do not follow these simple guidelines. Please contact us for any advice or for a quote for replacement extinguishers.